Balancing growing environmental consciousness with increasing demand for timber products demands a real commitment to minimising impact on the natural world.
International Timber is the UK’s leading importer and distributor of sustainable
timber and panel products. We are the timber specialists, providing responsibly
sourced products and services for construction and joinery projects in every corner of the economy.
Wood is both a versatile and a renewable raw material, and ‘building green’ using wood helps to keep carbon out of the atmosphere, mitigating climate change. In line with this, sustainability and responsible sourcing are the foundation stones upon which our business is built; all our softwoods and hardwoods are chain of custody certified and legally verified where applicable.
- We have in-house technical expertise and knowledge to advise on all aspects of material selection and process choice to ensure we provide the best products for our customers.
- Dedicated regional technical sales desks ensure our customers have access to informed advice at all times.
- We offer unrivalled availability of stock, with a mixed range of products available for call off, opening the doors to a wide world of choice.
- Our manufacturing plant never stops, operating seven days a week on a two-shift pattern to achieve highly competitive lead times.
- We operate state of the art CAD facilities and market leading design software, with our own tool room staffed by skilled professionals for maximum speed and flexibility.
- We focus on achieving a very real understanding of the individual requirements of our customers, building long term partnerships and bringing together all those involved in each individual project, from sales and operations through to production and customer service.
- We work on optimising supply processes for our customers, holding stock of raw materials and finished goods, managing the entire process and helping to reduce the cost of manufacturing.
We operate from four sites in the UK, offering a fast and responsive service. All our sites are ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001, FSC® and PEFC® certified.